Heirloom shards are a special type of currency that can be used to unlock heirlooms in Apex Legends. Heirloom shards are a new item in this game that allow you to upgrade your legend’s weapons and abilities. They also are special cosmetic items that can be equipped on your character, and they come in a variety of different styles. Overall these weapons don’t do any more damage than a normal melee hit, but they look a whole lot cooler. Put simply, they are the most coveted cosmetics in the game, perfect for flexing in your ranked matches or while you are waiting in the Arenas lobby.
When do you get heirloom shards in the game?
There are several ways to obtain heirloom shards in Apex Legends. The most common way to obtain them is by opening heirloom chests.
Heirloom chests are rewarded to players for completing certain challenges or milestones. Some of the challenges that can reward players with heirloom chests include:
- Opening a certain number of Apex Packs
- Winning a certain number of matches
- Earning a certain amount of experience points
- Collecting a certain number of items
Heirloom chests can also be purchased with premium currency. This allows players to unlock heirlooms more quickly. Heirloom chests can be purchased for 750 Apex Coins, which is the equivalent of $7.50 in real-world currency.
Here are a few tips for getting the best out of your heirloom shards in Apex Legends:
- Make sure you’re using them to unlock powerful weapons and items. Heirloom shards can be used to unlock some of the most powerful weapons and items in the game. Make sure you’re using them to unlock the best gear for your character.
- Save them up and don’t spend them all at once. Heirloom shards are a valuable resource, so make sure you save them up and don’t spend them all at once. You may need them later on in the game when you need to unlock a powerful weapon or item.
- Heirloom shards can also be used to unlock cosmetics for your character. However, it’s important to note that these cosmetics don’t provide any gameplay benefits. So, if you’re looking to unlock powerful weapons and items, it’s best to save your heirloom shards for those items instead of spending them on cosmetics.
How many heirloom shards should you have at any given time in the game for optimal usage ?
Using too many or too few heirloom shards in Apex Legends is a major risk. Using the wrong type of heirlooms can significantly impact your performance, and can lead to you not being able to win battles when you need to most.
An inevitable part of playing Apex Legends will be spending some amount of your Heirloom Shards. To minimize these risks, we recommend using legendary Heirlooms on important equipment such as traps and action skills so that they provide the best benefit possible when activated in combat with enemies.
For weapons, we recommend Legendary and Epic Tier 2-3 Weapons with mod slots.
Remember: your inventory space is limited in Apex Legends so it’s always wise to spend or unequip unused items. Heirloom shards are a valuable resource, so make sure you use them wisely.
Disadvantages of using heirloom shards
There are a few disadvantages to using heirloom shards in Apex Legends.
One of the biggest drawbacks is that it can be difficult to save up enough shards to unlock a powerful weapon or item.
Another disadvantage is that using too many heirloom shards can impact your performance in the game. If you’re not careful, you may find yourself struggling to win battles when you need to most. It’s important to use your shards wisely and only spend them on items that will benefit you in combat.